LU.CA – Teatro Luís de Camões is a municipal facility in the city of Lisbon with a regular artistic program exclusively dedicated to Children and Young People.
This artistic program began in 2007, at the Maria Matos Teatro Municipal, and is now installed in this new space, the first in the country aimed at these audiences, expanding its mission and objectives.
Present and support contemporary performative creation aimed at children and young people and its relationship with other artistic disciplines, on relevant topics of our time and create approximations between creators, works, audiences and the building.
– Contribute to the enrichment of education and artistic enjoyment in Portugal;
– To promote an enlightened, attentive and participative reception, from early childhood, training critical and creative audiences for the arts and culture, expanding different readings about the world;
– Strengthen relationships with these target audiences in family, school and community contexts, creating an approach to performative practices through creative interaction;
– Operate with a regular and continuous artistic and cultural program of challenges to creation, co-productions, partnerships and reception of national and international projects, looking for new concepts and forms of expression with current and/or reinvented statements;
– To provide contemporary artists, who work or want to work for these audiences, conditions to invest creatively, contributing to their professional growth, fostering artistic dynamics of research and questioning for a qualified and rigorous action;
– To assert itself as a national reference in the field of arts for children, favoring encounter and reflection on creation, especially for this audience;
– Acting according to a sustainable and environmentally friendly logic;
– Investing in improving conditions of physical, social and intellectual accessibility.