Santa Casa opens the doors to its heritage through guided tours.
The construction of the Convento da Encarnação resulted from the will of Infanta D. Maria, daughter of King Manuel, to create a convent for nuns of the Order of São Bento de Avis, under the invocation of Our Lady of the Incarnation. Built during the reign of Filipe II of Portugal, the complex underwent major changes in the 18th century. With the extinction of religious orders in 1834, the convent was transformed into Recolhimento da Encarnação, which, from 1945 onwards, became part of the Recolhimentos da Capital. This building is currently in the custody of the Misericórdia de Lisboa.
Meeting: Convento da Encarnação – Largo do Convento da Encarnação, Lisbon