Heritage on Sunday – Church and Museum of São Roque
On Sundays it is possible to learn more about the historical and artistic heritage of Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Lisboa, in the context of a guided tour.
Built in the second half of the 16th century, the former Casa Professa de São Roque was the main Jesuit building on Portuguese soil until 1759. A masterpiece in the History of Art, the group of paintings, tiles, gilded carvings and reliquaries, as well as such as the famous Chapel of Saint John the Baptist.
Meeting point: Museum of São Roque
Free participation by appointment. Max. 10 participants.
Participation by complying with the standards required by the Directorate-General for Health
Public Service and Cultural Development
SCML Culture Directorate
Phone: 21 324 08 69/87/89